Friday, May 1, 2009

whatever a sun will always sing is you




Now that April's over, I've decided to celebrate the first Friday in May with a bottle of red and a meal... and part of an ee cummings poem:

(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)

The poem reminds me to get back into the garden tomorrow. Though I've often maintained an herb garden, I've been inspired by Michelle Obama's organic garden at the White House and may attempt something grander like tomatoes and zucchini, perhaps even a bean pole. And finally after spraying water on a block of spores for two months, I've got ONE shiitake mushroom, slightly less than my goal of an entire crop. But the good news is that my transplanted peonies are doing well, as are fruit trees and the hydrangeas, so there may be hope for my green thumb after all.

1 comment:

modernemama said...

Lovely idea - I've added you to my blog addiction