- Plastic leeches into the water, which we then ingest.
- In the majority of cases, bottled water isn't more pure than your tap.
- There are great and inexpensive purifiers if needed.
- Plastic is made with petroleum, requiring billions of barrels of oil a year to produce.
- Only 30% of all bottles are recycled.
- The energy used to package, transport, dispose of, and recycle bottles is unconscionable.
- And nowadays you can find well-designed ones like my new Keith Haring bottle.
These are the reason why I am banning water bottles from my house and my classroom. Wish me luck.