Friday, April 9, 2010

Week-ending





For those of you who remember Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, you surely remember how he used to walk through his door and change into his sweater and sneakers, signalling the tranformation into relaxed mode. On busy days I think of this as I find myself still in my work clothes and shoes late into the evening.
My Potic Cottage wardrobe is like Mr. Roger's sneakers. With a handful of casual clothes helping to create my weekend mode, I don them to signal the 'relaxed me', pictured here with James in the Spotty Dog, an essential part of our weekend routine. Another part of our weekend circuit is a trip to Olde Hudson, now in its new location. A spacious space with tall ceilings, this local gourmet shop feels more like the general store than Dean and Deluca's. And for those of you who want to visit the area, perhaps becoming a weekender yourself, The Sullivan House in Athens is going to open as a small hotel in the coming months. Please, bring your casual clothes and come to visit.

4 comments:

modernemama said...

I'm taking that as an invite

Nadine @ BDG said...

You should indeed!

Mellene said...

Hold the phone, neighbor. You are blogging in real time! How did you manage to drive upstate, take these shots, enjoy yourself, and get settled to blog about it all before 6:45 ??? You're "processing" your weekend before mine had even begun!

Nadine @ BDG said...

Modern technology my friend! Won't give away my secrets, mwahah!