Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ronchamp and Nature



Being inspired by nature is nothing new or unique; however how one puts it to use is the key. Impressionists, Transcendentalists, scientists, have all looked to nature, either to become inspired by it, capture it, or learn from it. The story goes that French architect Le Corbusier was inspired by a horseshoe crab shell while he was visiting Long Island when he designed that incredible roofline. So it was with that in mind that I wandered the yard with a cup of coffee and a camera, hoping to find the power of nature in my own patch of earth. I found buds forming on the trees, the weeping cherry in bloom, sprouts breaking through earth, and even my transplanted peonies coming back in force. And if you are truly inspired by spring, may I direct you to last year's springtime entry about Robert Frost's poem, Nothing Gold Can Stay?

No comments: