Thursday, November 12, 2009

Studio Update






A quirky little oil sketch I just finished-- which I've nicknamed "Butterbean"-- has me reevaluating Spanish surrealist Joan Miro. I've always been more of a fan of the cerebral Belgian Rene Magritte, his images serving up a beautiful series of narrative contradictions, but Miro's graphic abstractions are pulling me in. I even included a Miro eyeball in my little gardenscape-- so perhaps I should title it as an ode to him. Suggestions are very welcome.
Meanwhile the invitations to the Ripe Art Gallery holiday show are beginning to make the rounds. My portion of the show, Homes for the Holidays, will include the houses based on emotions series, but also the alphahouses and Moongirl series. It's been fun thinking about seeing so much of the work up-- wondering the story the whole collection will tell.

No comments: