Sunday, April 26, 2009

Tom Judson: Part Two







As Tom Judson divests himself of possessions, I accumulate them, namely from his storage unit. With taste eerily similar to my own, it took great restraint not to be a greedy bugger, and choose pieces for Potic Cottage that would truly finish the place off. Only 665 square feet in size, clutter in the cottage is anathema, so bookshelves were in order. One of Tom's shelving units fit so well in the living room that all I needed to do was add books. As for the other shelf, a few quick coats of cherry stain integrated the unit into the bedroom and suddenly everything had a neat and organized home. But my favorite pieces were the small mirror I put over the dresser-- so sweet with its college banner stickers from the fifties, and the charming mid-century chair. It was fun to reorganize the cottage and do some much needed spring cleaning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need to get to the spring cleaning in my house, as well. I've been too busy out enjoying the spring! :) beautiful finds here...