Monday, May 16, 2011

Use Art to Turn the World Inside Out



What an incredible way to use photography to transform the relationship between buildings, art and humanity. Posting striking closeups of people on buildings, French graffitti artist JR sparks conversation and reflection in a bold manner. In one example, he juxtaposes images of Palestinian and Israelis who do the same job. In doing so, he reveals the universality of their life expereince despite the political barriers between them. It's worth taking the time to watch the full video since it forces us to consider our own two hands and what changes we can make through art.

2 comments:

Susan Campisi said...

I'm way behind and just catching up on your blog posts. I so appreciate your sensibility. And this TED video is fantastic. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Nadine @ BDG said...

Thanks so much Susan-- I've been light in posting these days, myself!