Thursday, January 6, 2011

Uovo Ravioli


I confess I have become a foodie. It started with books about food. From the perspective of chefs to reviewers, I began to consider the art of food, and although I myself haven't been able to follow a recipe for the life of me, I do greatly appreciate the work of others.
Last night at Nonnina's in West Islip I tasted a dish that was so complex in flavor that I simply had to write about it. Chef Henry Freidank's uovo ravioli, a ravioli with an egg yolk inside instead of cheese, was inspired. Covered in crumbled bacon, a touch of mushroom, a bit of lobster meat, and cooked to perfection, it was truly sublime. Why isn't there an image of this dish to accompany this entry? Too busy in the ecstasy of tasting it. Do stop by the restaurant if you are in the area.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn right bouler, damn right. by the way, way to leave me out of the credit jerk.