Monday, November 15, 2010

Nook vs Kindle: Your Opinion Please



Olivia asked Santa for an e reader. I myself have remained a rather old-fashioned book reader, quaintly marking up hardcovered books with notes, audiobooks filling in during the school year commute-- but the idea of carrying so many texts on one little device does pique my interest. And although it won't look as snappy on our bookshelves, if a kid asks for a new way to read, one e reader coming up! As to which one to choose, I'm doing a bit of investigation. Illuminated touch screen, one point for Nook. Audio text, a point for Kindle. I've read the reviews and asked a few folks, but please, if you have an opinion, kindly weigh in.

5 comments:

WFNM said...

I bought a kindle and it was the best investment I have ever made. I love the minimalist feel to it. (I have the black and white standard one meant only for books) A rainy night is a perfect time to turn all the lights off open up the book and a flash light and enjoy a novel.

Nadine @ BDG said...

ooo that's great to hear-- and boy did we have a rainy night last night. I'm going to have to test one out. Thanks!

Doris said...

I just got a kindle for my birthday. I met a lady who has one and she said the one with the light is heavy. I don't have the light. I'm starting a book tonight.

Nadine @ BDG said...

Sounds like a great birthday gift to me. Let me know how you like it-- and I hope it's a good book!

modernemama said...

My Kindle review. The Guy loved The Kindle so much I bought him one to stop him "borrowing" mine! Neither of us uses the clip-on light he bought me, though. I love the sync feature that means I can read the same book on my iPhone or computer and it will find the last page read on any device.
E-readers are the best to slip into your bag so you're never without something to read... And Amazon's book choice is amazing.