Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ol' Blue

Cars are a superficial way we define ourselves and others. A new Corvette? Mid-life crisis. Mini-van? Make that a double mid-life crisis with a built-in DVD player along with the third row of seats. For me, I knew Potic Cottage would never be complete without a pick-up truck.
It was a magical moment-- me, the truck, Potic Cottage-- it all came together this weekend. The truck, yet another way actor/musician/fabulous person Tom Judson has enriched our lives, is perfect for bringing the kyack to Green Lake, or for hauling furniture, or for all those rugged things I've been known to do (uh, well, maybe not so much, but now with the truck-- definitely maybe!) Too bad I had to leave it behind as we cut our week upstate short due to heavy rain and coastal flooding back home in Islip. The perfect vehicle for that moment? Ark.

3 comments:

Tom Judson said...

I can't wait to see what you come up with to hang on the gun rack!!!

modernemama said...

Deer tied on the cattle-catcher grill is definitely the way to complete the pic!
BTW Did I show you my mid-life crisis?

Nadine @ BDG said...

I had at LEAST seven inappropriate ideas for my gun rack after reading TJ's challenge-- so fill in the blanks as you wish.
As for modernemama's mid-life crisis, do show, and do tell!