Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Inspiration


Few activities get my creativity flowing as much as flipping through a good design publication. Since the loss of Domino Magazine, I've been feeling a bit of a decor void. Sure Dwell is a great monthly read, and the NY Times feeds me regularly; however I miss the glossy decorating fantasy that Domino offered. Well I found some new options recently. Livingetc, a British publication, satisfied the itch for some new and funky ideas. With tons of mod products featured, including faux grass flooring, handcrafted teak tubs, and at least three rooms featuring egg chairs, there were many ideas to inspire redecoration. The cover price is a bit steep-- 8.50 USD-- but there is an online version for your perusal. I may spring for the subscription because I love marking pages for further contemplation.
I also found this terrific design book Urban Style: Eco Archiecture. Not only did it showcase some fantastic color photographs of projects around the globe, it offered floor plans and diagrams of some of the alternative energy features of the buildings.

No comments: