Thursday, March 12, 2009

Portrait of a Lady


Our painted lady butterflies hatched this morning. In this picture, the last one is emerging from his cocoon head first. What a way to introduce spring! The shiitakes are being watered, the birdhouses are being painted, I just took the compost out, and peony bulbs are going in the ground this weekend. Whew.
And did you hear about the blog r3project.blogspot.com? The New York Times featured this blog about trying to live an environmentally responsible lifestyle on the cheap. In light of that, my other spring cleaning goals include finding a way to recycle my old computer equipment and to dispose of the archaic toxins cluttering the basement. I hear earth911.org is the place to go. I'll let you know how it works, right after I cancel all my catalogue deliveries... ok not all of them. Somebody's gotta save the economy.
SAVE THE DATE: March 29th: Earth Hour-- turn off your lights from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. Oh c'mon, it'll be so romantic playing Candyland by candlelight.

No comments: